The Coalition to Protest the DNC will host its upcoming regional planning meeting at the Charlotte School of Law on Saturday, April 14, 2012. The Coalition is a grassroots organization created to share information and resources for community and political groups planning to protest at the upcoming Democratic National Convention to be held in Charlotte, NC in September or this year.
Learn more about the coalition here: http://protestdnc.org/
Members of the coalition include:
- May 1st Coalition for Worker and Immigrant Rights in New York City
- Occupy Wall Street
- SCLC (Southern Christian Leadership Conference), Baltimore Chapter
- Moratorium Now! from Detroit, MI
- Students for a Democratic Society chapters
- The Occupy 4 Jobs Network
- SC AFL-CIO
- United 4 the Dream, Charlotte
- Occupy Atlanta, Occupy Asheville, Occupy Durham, Occupy Greensboro, Occupy Winston-Salem, Occupy Chapel Hill, Occupy Raleigh, Occupy Columbia, Occupy Charlotte + more
- The Bill of Rights Defense Committee
- The National Lawyers Guild
+ many more!
The Civil Rights Clinic of the Charlotte School of Law offered to host the upcoming meeting on Saturday, April 14th in order to support the efforts of the group and work to ensure police and city officials do not infringe upon the civil rights of demonstrators at the DNC.
The Civil Rights Clinic continues its work to monitor city, state and federal officials as the date of the DNC approaches. To see more about the work the Clinic is doing as a run-up to the convention, check out our some of our earlier posts here, and here.
To find out more about the Coalition to Protest the DNC, or to get involved, please visit their website above, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or find them on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/events/311809482214501/?ref=ts.